Saturday, November 24, 2007

Throughout my life, I have always asked my parents, priests, pastors, members of different churches, how do we get to the kingdom of heaven. I received different answers. The most common answer I received was just to believe and have faith in God. About three years ago I started to look at the lives of the apostles and Jesus in the Bible because I felt that just to believe and have faith in God was too simple. Why would God give us the entire Bible if just believing is enough. God could of just gave us a couple stories of miracles and said to believe. However, the Bible is full of commands, morals, and great acts of faith.

It wasn’t until I came to the Church of God World Mission Society that I understood was it means to have faith in God. My dad always tells me just to have faith in God and you can go to heaven but I showed him some verses in the Bible that describe what it means to have faith in God.

First, Jesus says “I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.”, John 13:15. Clearly Jesus did many things for us to follow and do as he did. Jesus kept the Sabbath, Luke 4:16 and he kept the Passover, Matthew 26:17.

My dad returned with his favorite verse, Romans 10:9 which says that if you confess that Jesus is Lord, you are saved.

So I asked him, “then why did Jesus do so many things and tell us to do as he has done for us?” Matthew 7:21 says, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my father who is in heaven.” This states that action will allow us to enter the kingdom of heaven. Also Hebrews 11:4 shows us how all the fore fathers of faith received their reward in heaven by showing their faith by their actions.
James 2:17 also says, “In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.” With this last verse my dad understood that we keep the Sabbath, Passover, and all the Feasts of God because of our faith in God.

I give thanks to our Heavenly Father Christ Ahnsahnghong and Heavenly Mother because they revealed this truth to us. Without Them, I would not even know what true faith is. Christ Ahnsahnghong and Heavenly Mother let us see that our faith is judged by what we do, not what we believe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its true, when you look at the apostles' faith, they faced death instead of denying Christ. But today, its not like that at all. Faith is true action. I see that in the church of God world mission society. They truly follow the example of Christ in that they have good actions.

CherubAngel said...

I also was always told that I would go to heaven just b/c I believed. But I always felt that it wasnt enough. When I came to Church of God they were the only church that showed me God actually says you have to have action in order to enter heaven. This is the true teaching from the Bible which comes from Christ AhnSahngHong. Now I am able to to believe and OBEY what God says.

Anonymous said...

this is what i keep telling my dad! he thinks he just has to belive!! however, the bible does say " not everyone who says to me lord lord will enter the kingdom of heaven" meaning not everyone who believes in God and confesses his name! We must do his will!!! Thank you Father Ahnsahnghong for letting me do your will and show you faith by actions!!

Anonymous said...

That always confused me when people told that me that just believing was enough to enter Heaven. Of course I didn't believe it, but I also had no idea what should I do. That's why I trully give thanks to Father Ahnsahnghong and Mother Jerusalem for coming to this earth and teaching me all the truth.

Short144 said...

So many people have it set in their hearts and minds that just because they believe Jesus Christ is their savior they can receive salvation. But if people actually believed Jesus Christ, they would believe what he says and do it. Just like the Passover, the way to take Jesus's flesh & blood. If Jesus says to keep it, why don't churches keep it? Instead they keep communion, which is not even in the Bible. I just thank Father Ahnsahnghong for letting us have the faith of obedience like the forefathers of faith (Heb. 11:1-14).

Blossoms of Life said...

what a great thing it is to understand the bible truley. I didn't know anything! Without Christ Ahnsahnghong I would still be in disbelief and darkness. Christ Ahnsahnghong revealed everything so that we will be without error